Before the summer began, I knew I was going to need to get a bit more organized with our chore system. Over the years, I've tried so many different chore charts/reward systems/etc. Depending on the age of the kids, some worked well, and some didn't work so well. This past school year was extremely busy, and really, the kids had very little spare time, so I was just happy if they brushed their teeth and cleaned their rooms once in a while!
But, as I said, for the summer, I wanted to get something in place that made things as easy as possible for us all. So I sat down and decided how the chores would divide up, and then I created these handy-dandy chore charts!
They run the length of this hallway, between Riley and Noah's rooms. One for each child, and one for me as well (this way, they see me being held accountable for things, too!).
I used 11 x 14 frames from Hobby Lobby (during a 50% off sale-woohoo!). I printed out the documents and hung them BEHIND the glass. This way, we just use dry-erase markers to check off the finished chores.
The boys have the rustic aqua frames with tan behind the document, and the girls have brown floral frames with aqua behind the document, so they all coordinate very nicely!
At the end of the week, we count up their checkmarks, and they get 10 cents for each check, which averages to about $3 or $4 a week.
So far, it's worked really well! Once school begins again, I may readjust a bit, but for now, things are getting done, which is all I can ask for! And I can't complain that it looks pretty to boot!!