Pages

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

The Month of May...

Well, last month was jam-packed, as May always seems to be.  In addition to Mother's Day and my birthday, there's so much to do with the kids' schools at the end of the year!  So anyway, I just thought I'd give you a glimpse into what I've been up to lately!
 
 I managed a Mother's Day photo with 2 out of 3 kids smiling nicely (not quite sure what that expression is on Avery's face!) before going out to brunch with my sisters, mother, and mother-in-law.

This little girl graduated from preschool!  How did that happen?  I've been dropping kids off at that preschool for six years now; how can it be over already?  I remember taking Riley in while Avery was still in my tummy!

 Over Memorial Day weekend (also my birthday weekend), we took our pop-up camper on a camping trip.


 
  It was such a nice time spent with my favorite people!

And then, we were lucky enough to get to watch Avery in her dance recital!

She did a routine to ABBA's Happy Hawaii- isn't that funny?
 
Aaah, my beautiful girl!
 
And speaking of my girl, she's been enjoying the last couple weeks as an only child (at least during the boys' school hours!). 

 
 The two of us took a little trip to the beach yesterday morning- it was just gorgeous there!
 
 
 
 
So I'm sure that at least some of you are wondering whether I got any exciting goodies for my birthday, and of course the answer is yes!

After we returned from our camping trip, my mother came in town and brought me this dollhouse.  It's one I saw on Craigslist a few months ago near her house.  I forwarded her the link (hint, hint!), and she bought it for me!
 
It's a Rich Toys house.  It still has the chimneys and door, although it's missing the windows.  I'll have to make some soon.
 
It even still has a working doorbell!  I have a few Rich houses with spots for doorbells, but no actual doorbells, so this was exciting!
 
Hubby also got me these adorable pieces of furniture from Etsy.
 
And this wonderful set as well!
 
Oh, those decals- get me every time!
 
This set is actually a larger scale- more along for the size of a Ginny doll or slightly larger.
 
 And finally, my mother also got me this little set!  I am in love!!  So, so wonderful!
 
It's also slightly larger in scale, but I still think it works well in this house.  By the way, I LOVE the way this house is shaping up- hopefully, I'll finish it soon so I can give you a tour!
 
Another shot of this sweet set!
 
Well, I hope everyone else has survived the busyness of May.  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to Friday, when my boys get out of school.  This past year was a special kind of crazy with everyone's schedules, and I am REALLY looking forward to doing a little relaxing with them this summer!
 

5 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You have a lovely little family! Enjoy these years because they are over in the blink of an eye!

I love your new dollhouse and I'm terribly envious of the wonderful furniture!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Corey,
You have such a cute family! My babies are now 17 and 14! Time just flies by! Your dollhouse furniture is wonderful, I love it! What nice gifts!
Happy June to you!
Gina

Musings from Kim K. said...

May is such a whirlwind month. Love all your sweet family pictures. How fun does that ocean look!! I also love that you and I share a birthday so close together and a passion for vintage dollhouses. I can't wait to share this post with my mom and sister. Your latest house and adorable furniture are just perfect. Happy June!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Such beautiful family photos! You littles are getting so big now! Your new dollhouse is adorable and I love the cute furniture with the sweet rose decals!!
Michelle xoxo

Two Moms and a Gma said...

Oh I love all these photos. Avery's little preschool graduation...?! Adorable!! Camping? So fun!